November 8, 2010

Interbike, Bike 2. 0, and thoughts on imagination

It's that time of year again, Interbike is today get underway in Vegas (for the last time in a while at least). I had a great time at the show last year, but unfortunately I couldn't fit into my schedule this week. Instead of all in person to see, I have to rely on the Internet cover as many of you, the good news is … there should be no shortage of great coverage on the Web. My Twitter stream is already full of Tweets and pictures of people on the show floor, so I'm counting on them to get me to keep it. I will be all of my usual sources, including, of course, the official Interbike blog check. Look for a post on the show sometime early next week.

Today, I would like to highlight the results of the Seoul cycle Design Competition. The Grand Prize went to Bike 2. 0, a "one size fits all" e-bike designed by Nils Sveje of Inoda + Sveje Design Studio. Be sure to check out the "making of" the Bike 2.0 project page on their website for a bit of insight into the idea behind this concept – bike. you are interested in, that allows you to store all 190 of the shortlisted entries on designboom.

Speaking of concept bikes, I encourage you to read an excellent blog post by Sabinna Den titled, bicycle, bicycle design innovation, the laws of physics and imagination.  She begins by referring to a folding bicycle concept that I posted last month. The concept was creative and interesting, but it's pretty obvious problems that indicates that the designer probably "not much about bicycle steering dynamics knew" If a commenter proposed.

Sometimes I hear from readers who tell me that I would not "unrealistic post" concept bikes on the blog.I wrote a post on this topic from last year, and I still have the same guideline to follow when it comes to decide what to share here ... in fact, I have to comment on the draft that interests me. In the 5 years that I've been writing this blog, I have found that the most controversial concepts are those who tend to generate the most comments.

I would like to see the discussion, so you can expect to see from "blue sky" melted concept bikes from time to time pop up here.

On that note, I'd love to hear your thoughts about the Sabinna post. leave a comment here, or better yet on her blog. If you don't already read cycling Satin Cesena, I encourage you to add your bookmarks. The Sabinna thoughts about bicycles, bicycle design and production and the bicycle industry are generally always very interesting.

Posted in concept, design Tradeshows. Tagged with concept bike, competition, E-bike, Interbike, Seoul. By James T






View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment